Intrigued? Want to Join?
Great, but you have to go through the application process. Will you get accepted? Not always. After you submit your application, we will contact you for an interview. We may be able to interview you over the phone, or we may decide that we want to meet with you to help you understand our organization better, and to help us understand your perspective. The following information will help you understand our selection process.
- Consider your self overweight? No worries! We have and accept all shapes and sizes! Don't think you are in shape? Round is a shape!
- Worried about race? We value all races, and the diversity you bring!
- Think you are too old or too young? You are never too old, and if you are 21 or older, then bring it on!
- Single guy? We accept single guys, but note that there is currently a waiting list, as there are currently more of you who apply for membership than single women. We work to maintain a certain level of gender balance, and we actively work to recruit single women so that the guys can join as well.
- Single gal? Absolutely. We encourage you to apply for membership.
- Single, but in a committed relationship? No worries, as long as your significant other wants to join too. If your SO is not interested in joining, then we work with you same as we do but a spouse that is not interested (see below), and single men will be put on the waiting list.
- Couples? Absolutely. Couples are encouraged to apply for membership.
- Married, but your spouse is not interested? Considered on a case by case basis. We must be absolutely certain that your spouse is good with you hanging around naked with a bunch of other folks. We will work with you, as long as we can talk with your spouse, and as long as your spouse will sign a consent form. If we can't, then we will have to pass on you.
Code of Conduct Click here for Sunbirds Code of Conduct
Like many nudist clubs around the country, our club follows a Code of Conduct. It outlines our club policies and reminds all our members what they can do to keep Sunbirds safe, private, and fun for everyone's benefit. All of us want a club that we can all enjoy, and know that our fellow Sunbirds follow the same common-sense policies of respect and discretion that we expect from all nudists.
Our members’ privacy is a top concern. To protect the security of our club, all prospective and current members are required to read and abide by the Sunbirds Code of Conduct that outlines expected behavior of all Sunbirds members. The Code of Conduct discusses:
Members and guests are expected and required to follow the Sunbirds Code of Conduct. By applying for membership, you agree to all of the terms of listed in the Code of Conduct. Violations of the code of conduct will result in consequences, anywhere between counseling to membership termination without refund.
- Privacy Standards
- Nudist Etiquette
- Polite Behavior
- Party Protocol
- Poolside Protocol
is $30 per individual and $60 per couple. You may also join the
American Association of Nude Recreation for $40 per individual or $72
per couple. If you are a couple, and only 1 of you wants to join AANR,
then the individual AANR rate applies. Note that you will not be
charged until the following occurs:
- We screen you to see if we think you are a good fit for the Sunbirds and you agree.
invite you to parties and you attend at least 2. This lets us check
you out to see if we like you and lets you check us out to see if you
like us. It does not take much for us to like you!
board of directors votes on your membership, at which time, we will
either send you an invoice for payment if you are accepted, or will send
you notification of non-acceptance (good news...seldom happens).
AANR Member Benefits
As an AANR Member, you'll enjoy:
in member savings off regular visitor fees at 260 AANR clubs and resorts
throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and beyond. Just one
week's stay at many will pay for your membership!
FREE 12-month subscription to AANR's monthly newspaper, The Bulletin,
packed with information about the latest offerings in clubs, members'
letters, profiles (life stories), and regional events in full color.